How it all began!

6:40 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
I going back quite a few years (6 to be exact) to catch everyone up on how I became a single mama........

Ahhhh college those were the days, drink all night sleep all day, no worries no cares, right???? Well until a nurse at the health clinic tells you congratulations, your pregnant at 8 o'clock in the morning. I had her repeat it about 4 times before it sunk in considering I was only there to pick up birth control and condoms, and was still pretty drunk from the night before! I'm getting way ahead of myself, lets back up even further.

It's the summer before college and me and my high school sweetheart of 2 years had just split up, I was heart broken and devastated. He was my first love well and first at everything else as well! Anyway so I headed off to school with one goal in mind PARTYING!!! Hated boys, but loved to party, flirt, and of course tease. So 8 months plus of this behavior I was out at a bar (it was 1 dollar pitcher night of PBR) and needless to say I was very unaware this night would change the course of my life forever!!! I remember that night like it was yesterday, my best friend and I were doing some terrible white girl dance when a guy approached us. He was handsome and well dressed and he jumped right in and started dancing and the first words out of his mouth were "I'm so not hitting on you I'm gay". No joke his exact words. What do you really say to that? I just laughed and kept dancing. He said a friend of mine thinks your cute, well where is he and why can't he talk to me himself? I'm not a shy person at all, so I told him not to send you to do his dirty work if he wanted to talk to me then he has to grow some balls. Well balls he grew, he came over and we met. It was drunk love at first sight! He was cool and drove a motorcycle and threw all the keg parties. What else could you want in a boyfriend. He was extremely popular and everyone knew me because I was his girl. It was great for a while then things started changing, he would guilt me into doing his homework and writing his papers, and of course I did. He started lying, cheating but I was in love and was so inexperienced with relationships only having been in one, I let it roll off my shoulders and tried to please him. Finally after 8 months together, and many tears I broke up with him.

Something to be said for your mothers opinion! My mom hated him from day one, I should have seen the signs, haha.

After the break up he started following me around, showing up at my friends apartment, acting crazy, leaving insane messages. Wow so glad I got rid of him, well sort of. Two weeks later my friend asked if she could have one of my birth control packets because she ran out, of course you can I not having sex. I'll make an appointment next week and get some more. It's really humorous now looking back. About a week later I ran into my crazy Ex in my favorite bar, we were both pretty hammered and one thing lead to....well you know another! Afterwards I said thank you that was nice but I still don't want to get back together, he asked if he was just used, and I said pretty much.

He left and there was not much communication after that, we weren't friends but acquaintances. Now here we are I finally made it to the health clinic to pick up some more birth control. A little later than I anticipated, but no biggy.

What? I'm sorry can you repeat that? I'm what???? PREGNANT! 5 weeks to be exact, well isn't that funny 5 weeks ago I had drunk sex with my crazy Ex. Alright, what do I do first...tell him, tell my best friend, or tell my folks! Hmmmmm I'll tell my bff she'll be there for me, or I mean freak out for me!!! Ok, now I'll tell him. It wasn't exactly the reaction I was expecting, but still I wasn't shocked when he asked or should I say told me to have an abortion. I can't do that, and I didn't. He had a choice either be involved or get the hell outta here. If he stays he can be a part of our child's life as much as he wants, If he goes he was never to return. I would never go after him for child support, would put N/A on all the paperwork, and continue with life as if I created my baby all by myself. And he agreed, the last time I have seen or heard from him was that day in my living room when I was 7 weeks prego.

I had a wonderful happy pregnancy, with tons of support from friends and family. And to this day I consider my son the greatest decision I ever made! He is my best friend and I have never regretted my actions or my decisions. I had him when I was 19 years old, I finished college on time, and to this day that is one of my biggest accomplishments. Who I am today is all because of him, he saved me. He is 5 years old now and happy and healthier than ever. He loves his mama, skateboarding, surfing, and playing soccer. Oh yeah and the wii.

peace

freespirited mama

0 comments: